ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Maharshi Dhondo Keshav Karve established an ashram for widows
and school for girls at Hingne village near Pune in 1896.This become the
stepping stone for the first Indian Women’s University in 1916.
Sir Vithaldas Thackersey made a generous contribution of 15 lacs to commemorate
the memory of his mother Smt.Nathibai,and the University was
renamed as Smt.Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University
in 1920, The University has all India jurisdiction and it is the first
University in Maharashtra accredited with the 5 stars status by NAAC.
The University is a symbol of Excellence in Higher Education for Women.
S.N.D.T.College of Arts & S.C.B.College of Commerce & Science for Women, the
first conducted college of S.N.D.T Women’s University in Mumbai, was started on
8th June, 1931.Sanskrita Stree Parashakti (An Enlightened Women
is a source of Infinite Strength) is the motto of the college.
Empowerment of women through education is its mission. The college which started
with the enrollment of only four students became a full fledged college offering
subjects - like Social
Sociences,Arts,Fine Art, Education, Nursing, Home Science and, Post Graduate
Later, the Post Graduate departments, Education, Nursing and Home Science became
independent colleges. Today the college offers of B.A degree in 5 languages, 6
Social Science subjects, Bachelors in Visual Art and Music. It has’ B.Com. and
B.Sc.I.T. degrees, three vocational courses, three certificate courses and four
enrichment courses. It also has a junior college with Arts & commerce faculties.
The medium of instructions are English, Gujarati, and Marathi. The college is
equipped with modern amenities to facilities promote the best in higher
The college is centrally located with easy access from both Churchgate Railway
Station on the western side and C.S.T. on the central railway side.
- First conducted college of S.N.D.T .Women’s University in
- Academic excellence and brilliant faculty in all field.
- Semester system with credits.
- Continuous internal evaluation.
- Constant up gradation of curriculum.
- Subject wise student’s association, direct feedback from
- Practical link with industries.
- Safe, enjoyable and friendly environment.
- Active career planning and ensured quality placement.
- Awareness about women’s issues and rights with rational
outlook towards society.
- Awareness about contemporary issues.
- Under UGC x 1 Plan Mearge Scheme - remedial coaching
classes to prepare students from SC, ST, OBC and
minority community for competative examinations have
Empower women to face the challenges in the
competitive and demanding global Environment.
To provide an empowerment to equip women with
knowledge and skills to meet the challenges of an ever
changing global scenario.
• To facilitate economic development through
• To create an awareness about human values and
responsibilities through purposeful education
SNDT College of Arts and SCB College of Commerce and Science for Women,
1, Thackersey Road,
New Marine Lines,
|Principal of College
Prof. B.B. Pradhan
• Degree in B. A.
• Degree in B. Com.
• Degree in B.Sc.IT
• Degree in B.V.A.
• Certificate courses in Light Music
• Certificate courses in Paraprofessional course for
• Certificate courses in Saral Hindi
Teaching Faculty :
• Prof. B.B. Pradhan (Principal)
• Dr. Madhu Madan
• Smt. Asha Sonawane
• Smt. Geeta Shah
• Smt. Rajani Pathak
• Dr. P.P. Deshpande
• Shri. Sunil Katti
• Smt. Sajeda Begum Shaikh
• Smt. Rekha Talmaki
• Shri Ashok Jain
• Smt. Vandana Sharma
• Smt. Margaret Fernanades
• Dr. Kalpana Chavan
• Smt. Asha Joshi
• Smt. Savita Tayde
• Smt. Lata Bhosale
• Dr. Madhuri Sutey
• Shri. Nilendra Lokhande
• Smt. Meena Patil
• Smt. Sonakshi Vichare
• Smt. Sushma Ahire
• Smt. Kalpana Jain
• Shri. Ramkumar Pradhan
• Smt. Sonali Deshbhratar
• Shri. Nilesh Thakre
• Smt. Meera Sawant
• Shri. Suresh Garud
• Shri. Dnyaneshwar Mankare
• Shri. Pandurang Barkale
• Shri. Ravindra Hande
• Smt. Namrata Ganneri
• Smt. Prajakta Bhadgaonkar
• Shri. Kishor Kadam
• Shri. Suhas Chavan
• Dr. Putul Sathe
• Smt. Sonali Hajare
• Shri. Prashant Kamble
• Smt. Chitra Lele
• Dr. Preeti Srivastava
• Dr. Hetal Barot
• Dr. Vinod Kumare