- The main objective of the chair is to provide well-equipped Centres of learning to intellectuals, academicians and students to undertake studies and research with an intention to understand, assess and disseminate ideas and thoughts of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar.
- The research studies and research areas particularly are on subjects like Economics, Political Science, Religion, Philosophy, Constitutional Studies, Education, Social Work, Human Rights as well as other disciplines considered relevant for attainment of our National Goal of Social Justice.
- In each of these disciplines the focus of research and teaching will be the study of deprived sections of Indian Society.
- In achieving this objective, the Chairs will also undertake research and higher studies concerning the socio economic and cultural life of the marginalized groups and other weaker sections of the society.
- The Chairs would strive to develop appropriate methodologies to translate Dr. Ambedkar’s ideas into practical propositions and policy instruments.
- Broadly the Chairs shall serve as Centres of learning and research not only on the subjects concerning Dr.Ambedkar’s Ideology and Philosophy but also on the issues concerning the socio-economic and cultural life of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Minorities, Backward Classes and other Weaker Sections of the Society.
- In pursuance of these objectives, the Chairs will undertake research for understanding an disseminating the ideas of Babasaheb Dr. Ambedkar.
- These objectives shall be achieved not only by conducting research and teaching, but also by organizing Seminars, Symposia, Workshop and other similar academic activities.